Excursions & Day Trips
- San Miguel de Allende
- Delores Hidalgo
- Soccer Matches in León
- Cristo Rey de Montana
- Valenciana Mine
- Leather Market in León
Some quick notes about Guanajuato:
- Large college scene - bars, restaurants, coffee shops galore.
- Extremely walkable layout - maybe a little hilly, but not bad.
- It's considered the most beautiful city in Mexico.
- High of 72F, low of 44F. Great weather.
- Lots of hiking and outdoor excursions.
- 45 minutes from León - large city with a much more metropolitan feel.
- Extremely safe and well lit. Very, very little crime.
- Bars don't close til 6AM - and there are plenty of them!
- Coffee costs around $1, baked goods are less than 50¢.
- The first battle for Mexican Independence was fought here.
- Lots of people here speak English, if only just a little bit.
- Weekly symphony performances for $4.25.
So how does this work?
ExploreThere takes anywhere from 8 to 25 independent workers to a far away land for a two week to one month immersive adventure. Instead of quickly visiting a city for a few days, hitting the tourist spots, checking a bunch of things off your list and then flying back; we invite you to spend a little longer to experience the day-to-day cadence of the city.
We'll provide you a room and bed in a shared house, nestled in the heart of the city with a handful of other like-minded folks. The ExploreThere team will make sure you are paired up with compatible people based on a questionnaire, profile and short interview. We'll try to keep the early morning yoga folks together and the late night party animals in separate houses. We don't want an MTV Real World scenario.
Each house will have a host that works for ExploreThere. They will be your point of contact for transportation, recommendations or any emergencies that may come about. They will also be in charge of making sure everyone gets along and any conflicts are taken care of.
By in large though, once you've arrived, you're on your own to explore and plan your days out. Of course, having housemates will assist in keeping busy, grabbing meals together and sharing the tips you find as you dig into the riches of the city.
To be clear, your ExploreThere host will not be planning excursions or handling your affairs for you. They are just there to make sure everything runs smoothly. For the most part, you are responsible for your own safety, transportation around town and any other activities you choose to do.